Job Search Success is not the most easily attainable goal right now. Unemployment continues to soar, sources where accurate statistics (not government statistics) are kept say it is even higher than currently reported in the news. Jobs are not being created and the competition for the ones that are out there is stiff. Small businesses, who create on average 70% of gulf news jobs are being squeezed to the point of not only not being able to create jobs but to the point of going out of business. My research says these trends are not going to get any better…if you are out of work, the deck is stacked against you and you must now, not later, not tomorrow, not next week, DO everything in your power to secure whatever jobs are left or are still being created.
Here are my Job Search Success tips this week:
1. Stay Positive – No matter how bleak the job search picture may look you must remain positive, upbeat and convinced of a speedy and desirable outcome.
2. Stay Focused and Driven – It doesn’t matter how long you have been out of work, you must maintain the focus and drive needed every day to keep doing the Job Search tasks you need to do. Some days will be better than others but you must do SOMETHING Every Day
3. In Fact Step Up The Game – Go back and seek a job where you have already been, AS MANY TIMES AS IT TAKES
4. Do Whatever It Takes To Get The Word Out – email blast every contact you have in your address book, email every contact in your significant others email list, etc, ASK EVERYONE to forward the email to EVERYONE on THEIR list… Success (and Jobs ) Favor the Bold!
5. Get The Tools You Need To Succeed… I only have three things on my list that I think are needed to make “Job Search Success” your new motto. The first one is a professional and cutting edge job cover letter, not one you throw together, but one with new techniques and attention getting strategies. The second involves the interview process by using the 30/60/90 Day Action plan when you meet with the interviewer. And last but not least is the use of an excellent online resume posting service that will get the word out and keep the word out about your job search.